Other Details

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Well Crap

You would think you could get a little cooperation once in awhile.  I'm not asking for much.  Jessie and Dusty live side-by-side.  They have for like 8 years now.  In preparing for the new Oak Creek horse, I thought I would get a round pen for us to work in.  If I could get Dusty and Jessie to bunk together, I could put the new horse in Jessie's paddock.

Dusty's side is 60'x40'.  It's the larger side.  I put Jessie in there this morning.  We fed.  They did well.  They moved around, postured a bit, kicked the air, but nothing really aggressive.  We rode a couple of hours, put them back together for the afternoon.  We had a function to go to, so I threw them each a flake of hay, watched for a bit, then off we went.  Havoc must wreak while we are away.  We come back to find a gash in Dusty's left butt and a few nicks on Jessie.

On to housing plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment